My photo
You are the main character of your own life movie. Make it epic.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Movie Review: The Maze Runner



Nowadays, there was too many movies where the plot involved Earth destructions, so I was quite happy when this movie doesn't have the same obvious plot. I never read the novel so I did watch without nothing a thing, and I like it that way because, well, who love spoilers? ( ̄ー ̄) To describe in in simple words, it was about a group of boys who was trapped in some kind of place surrounded with tall walls around them. It reminds me to the the first Hunger Game movie, if you know what I mean. Trapped in a place where they have to find ways to survive, except without the killing each other part. Then, a part of the wall open in certain period but it was full of maze that needed to be solved, and that explained the movie's title. One thing that I really love about this movie is the handsome and hot characters (bless the casting director (´∀`)♡). Recognized Will Poulter from The Millers, then there is Dylan, Thomas Sangster, Kihong Lee, Chris Sheffield and more. This really deserved the movie bunch of fangirls, I had to say. In terms of action, it was okay on some parts but it was quite lacking as the creatures(?) died quite easily. I mean, the old Gladers have spent years on running away from it then the male lead arrived, accidentally went into the maze and bom! he managed to killed one. Well, isn't that not so interesting. Either way, with the arrival of the last and the only female Glader, I'm looking forward to what the sequel movie will prepare for us.

My rating: ★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment